Friday, October 1, 2010

Following His Voice

   Back in the ol' days shepherds would simply call after their sheep and the sheep would come. They knew the shepherds voice, and they knew his good intentions. The sheep trusted in the shepherds love. Now shepherding is done with sheep dogs. The sheep follow the shepherd, but only because they are scared of the hounds. Fear is not the best way to motivate people, but it sure is effective.
   I see the same pattern in my own life. I follow Christ the good shepherd because I know He loves me, and that I can trust Him. Satan, however, wants us to follow Him so he sends his evil hounds. I am so greatful for the Best Shepherd who leads me though the valley of the shadow of death; which lead right into another great scripture!
   Psalms 23:1-4 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me besides the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

             

No comments:

Post a Comment